You may have a document that you need to convert from a PDF to Word. You can do this by downloading Adobe Acrobat or using an online converter. If you use an online converter, make sure the document is not password protected; otherwise, it will not be able to convert correctly. In this article, you will learn everything you need to know about PDF to Word conversion.
Why Convert a PDF to Word?
If you’re like most people, you probably have a lot of PDFs on your computer. It’s easy to get them from websites and emails, but they can be pretty inconvenient when it comes time to edit or update the information in them. Converting a PDF to Word is one way to make them more useful so that you can take action on what’s in there. According to the professionals at Adobe Acrobat, “Converting PDFs allows you to convert scanned documents (like medical records) into editable files.” This makes them much easier to read and understand because they’ll look more like real text than images of text.
Benefits Of Converting PDF to Word
Converting a PDF to Word is a great way to edit, collaborate, print and share your documents. Here are the top five reasons why you should convert your PDFs into Word documents:
- Editing: With a PDF document, you can’t change the typeface or font size as easily as you would in an MS Word file.
- Collaboration: PDFs don’t allow other users to make changes or add comments on them in real-time.
- Printing: You won’t be able to print from all printers with a PDF file; only laser printers will accept them without any problems.
- Sharing: Some people may not have Adobe Reader installed on their computers so sending them an editable MS Word file gives them more freedom in how they view and interact with it because they can simply double-click on it instead of having to install the software before being able to open up your document!
Converting a PDF to Word With Adobe Acrobat
If you’re using Adobe Acrobat Reader to read a PDF and want to convert it into Word format, follow these steps:
- Open the PDF document.
- Select File > Save As.
- In the Save As dialog box, navigate to the location where you want to save your file and then type a name for this file in the “File name” field; by default, Acrobat saves PDFs with an extension of .pdf (e.g., mydocument.pdf). Click Save after choosing where and what name for your new file; this will convert it into Word format—and leave both files on your computer!
Converting a PDF to Word With an Online Converter
Online PDF converters are the easiest way to convert your documents, especially if you’ve never used one before. These online tools don’t require installation and can be accessed from any device with an internet connection. Because they’re free, there’s no risk in trying them out. Most converters are also extremely fast—they’ll turn around a file within minutes or even seconds.
So now you know what a PDF is, the best ways to convert it into Word format, and why you should be doing this in the first place. You can also see how easy it is with some of these online tools! Now that you’ve read this article from start to finish, you will feel more confident about converting your next PDF file into Word format—or even better yet: saving yourself time by using one of these free online converters!